About Us

The National Guard State Family Readiness Council (NGSFRC) was established in 2004 as a 501c(3) nonprofit organization.
The Council makes major contributions to a number of worthwhile projects and programs that provide significant assistance to our deployed military personnel and their families. Some examples include:

  • Family and Business Grants
  • National Guard Youth Camp held in Sea Girt New Jersey which provides a safe and enjoyable environment for youth of New Jersey military families.
  • Individual Unit Family Readiness Groups and their activities are supported each year by the Council.
  • Military Appreciation Nights, such as those held at local Baseball Parks and other events are supported for the benefit of military families and family programs.

Council members include Veterans and representatives from service organizations, New Jersey’s business community, private citizens, and military family members.

The Council meets once a month and acts as a non-governmental advocate to New Jersey National Guard (NJNG) families.

The Council’s main goal is to assist and support our NJNG families through challenging times, such as a typical deployment of eighteen months or longer, by trying to alleviate any undue stress through a grant program funded by private and public contributions. Since its inception, the Council has awarded over $2.4 million for programs to assist our “Hometown Heroes” and their families. We are pleased to report that 98.3% of donated funds directly benefit National Guard members and their families. The remaining 1.7% is used for administrative expenses associated with the Council’s daily operations. All council members are volunteers who donate their time.

  • In many cases, the service members’ military pay is far below their civilian income and their employers are not required to maintain health insurance and other benefits while their employee is deployed.

In addition to the grant program, the Council also has provided significant financial support to the extended network of Family Readiness Groups throughout the state as well as various “Support the Troops” functions, Welcome Home ceremonies, and numerous other related activities.